Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Road Warrior sculpture

This is one of my newest sculptures created for the sole purpose of my enjoyment. I wanted to create a sculpture in the likeness of the crazy Villan in Mad Max and also in the likeness of the charachter in the video game Borderlands.
The color concept is derived from the need to create a color contrast. I used a darker colored wire for the body and I used orange and white for the highlights in the armor. This charachter had to have a mohawk because both charachters had them in the movie and in the game. The wepons carried by the charachter are from my vivid imagination. I gave him a Greese gun in his right hand that has the butt stock extended for greater support. He also has an asault riffel in his left hand equipt with a scope. On his left side is a side hand gun for thoes upclose and personal enguagements. Lastly I gave him a sword because you can't be a road warrior and not have a sword. I wanted to make the face guard something different so I went with a completly different design. I loved creating this sculpture because I just let go and opened my mind and let the creativity just flow. I get alot of comments about how I put so many weapons on the sculptures. It's just my personality I identify with the warrior mind set and that is what gets me going. So If you are a person who can't appreciate the idea of a warrior defending his family and home then you may never get this type of art but if you do then you will enjoy many of my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment