Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Star Wars a New Creation

I am a huge fan of the Star Wars Franchise. That being said I have to admit that I don't like Jar Jar Binks!!!! Ok I had to get that off my chest.
The movies have been around since I was a child. All I have know is that Star Wars is coming out soon. The directors did a great job setting up all of the parts of the movie that would explain this huge universe.
 
 
I love the game of chess. I am not a great player by any stretch of the imagination. I can hold my own with a good player. A chess master would clean my clock.
I decided that I would sit down and create my very own wire chess set inspired by the Star Wars movie Franchise.
 

 
As you can see in this image I created both the Light side and the Dark side for this set.
 



Darth Vader
The Iconic Sith Lord DarthVader is the Queen in the chess set. The Queen is the most powerful piece in the chess set so it had to be Darth Vader.
 
Boba Fett
You gotta love the number one bounty hunter in the Star Wars Universe.
Darth Maul- Bishop

I had to make Darth Maul one of the characters in the chess set. He was in one of the prequels for a short time and he immediately stole every scene he was in. This character is a Bishop in the chess set.


General Grivious- Rook


General Grevious was created as a rook. This was a fun piece to create.


The number one team of scoundrels in the Star Wars universe.

Chewbacca and Han Solo are my Knights for the Light side.



The Entire Light Side Court

 This is an image of the entire Light Side court. I was very happy to create this group. It only took me about 20 hours to paint the wood and build every character for the light side. I was in geek heaven as I saw the characters come to life.


A chess set isn't complete without Luke Sky Walker and Obi-Wan Kinobi. they will be the Bishops in the chess set.



Princess Leia and Yoda

I made my Queen and King Princess Leia and Yoda because Yoda is the most powerful Jedi Knight and well Leia is the obvious Queen.



Rebel Soldiers



The Rebel Soldiers were always going to be my pawns in the set. I didn't worry about making all of them identical because in real life everyone isn't the same size so there wasn't the drive to hold that level .



Rebel Soldiers
This  is a view of the Rebel Soldiers in formation.




This is the Dark side King. I decided  to make Darth Sideous the King because he sat back in the shadows orchestrating everything and that caused so much trouble for the whole universe.


The Storm Troopers were kept simple because it just works. I chose them as my pawns for the dark side.




This is the set that I created as it was inspired by the Star Wars movies. All of these pieces are my version of the characters. I will showcase this set at the upcoming Comic conventions and Art shows.

Thanks for reading the post.

I will see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment