Monday, April 4, 2016

Gem City Comic Con

This weekend Twisted Wire participated in the GEM City Comic con and the results were awesome.
The show started April 2nd and ended April 3rd. The attendance was great. I will say that the City of Dayton was well represented and everyone had fun. There were quite a few Cos-Players out displaying their outfits. Some of the Cos-players were amazing and some of them well.....Hmmm I will say that they had something to aspire to.
Block head Batman




The people that I had a chance to speak with were all very nice and interesting. I had a great time talking to the fans about all things geek. That is one of the things I love about Comic Cons, people can let their hair down and just have fun.
 This Cos -Player was in a very unique outfit. She had actual hooves that clopped like a horse. she was having a great time walking around and showing off her work.
When I saw this Jedi I had to smile because this was the female version of Obi Wan Kinobi. I had her pose with my wire sculpture of her character.


Skyrum
 This was the warrior from Skyrum. He had and excellent costume. I thought he did a great job in making his outfit.
Red Hood

Power Fist Batman
 The two day show had fans of all things comics and Sci Fi coming out to see all of the cool artwork and meet some of the artist and celebrities associated with Marvel and DC comics.
Dare Devil and Winter Soldier

ALF

Green Arrow and Domino

Bat Girl and Night Wing
 Bat Girl and Night wing were holding wire sculptures of their characters.
Batman Deadpool and Wonder woman posing with Fans

The Hero procession

Kid Flash
 I had Kid Flash pose with a small Flash wire sculpture.
Tera Deamon
Roller Babies of Dayton


I would most certainly do this show again because I had a really good time just geeking out and selling artwork. I met a lot of vendors who were fans of all things Geek. We had some fun discussions and I had a chance to see some incredible artwork. If you haven't been to a comic con then you are missing out. It is a fun way to see some very talented Artists and have a lot of fun with the family. Gem City Comic Con staff great Job on a Con Well Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment