Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Daredevil The Man without Fear

Daredevil the Man without fear.


I heard about the new series produced by Marvel and distributed through Netflix and I was anticipating the date that it would be released. A few days ago I looked in my Netflix account and I saw the headline for the new show. I didn't hesitate I took the plunge and began watching the series.
The first thought I had was “Ok this is kinda slow” then the show began to get progressively better.
It wasn't bad please don’t get me wrong, I was looking for the show to be what I thought it should be as a comic book and movie fan.
Marvel did their homework! They developed the characters and the story with a deft hand and a subtle nudge. They gave you the right amount of action while keeping the acting top notch. They had very very good actors portraying the different characters in the story.


Just in case you didn't know who Daredevil is I will give you a little bit of history on the character. Daredevil is the alter ego Matt Murdock a blind Lawyer in Hell’s Kitchen New York.
Matt was in an accident when he was a child that damaged his eyes. He was exposed to chemicals that gave him heightened senses. He developed a radar sense on top of all of the other senses. This gave him the ability to see in all directions and through and around solid objects. His sense of smell, touch, taste, and his hearing was heightened to superhuman levels. Matt was trained as a child by a man named Stick in many styles of Martial arts. Stick spent a few years training Matt and then one day he left Matt on his own.
 like us on facebook

Matt’s father was a boxer who was taking dives to make money. He didn't like the fact that he was cheating and making money for the mob. Matt’s father wanted to show his son that he was a winner. He finally bet everything he had on himself for a fight that he was supposed to take a dive in the 5th round.  He won a small fortune and had a friend put the money aside for Matt’s education and care.


Matt went to Columbia and studied law, there he met Foggy Nelson who became his close friend and associate. They graduated and started their Law firm in Hell’s Kitchen.









                                               like us on Facebook

The Netflix series has many of the characters from the comic book so all of the fans of the comic will be very happy that the story was true to its roots. I can say for myself that the show was very entertaining and it kept me on the edge of my seat. They did an outstanding job in depicting the character and revealing the motivation that lead Matt to put on the mask and become a super Hero.
 The Kingpin of Crime was cast very well. they found a very good actor to portray the villain in the story. Vincent D'Onofrio did a great job playing the evil and misunderstood Kingpin.
 I did notice that they related the series back to the larger Marvel universe which was great. Marvel is layering the stories and making the TV and Movie series just like a comic book. I think it’s amazing how they have made comic books movies! You can really see the direction they are going in and how they plan on being successful. Marvel has thousands of story lines that are written and they even have all of the action sequences set up. The director can simply go from a comic book and see what he wants to do with the story.


Rosiaro Dawson played the nurse that would put Daredevil back together.



www.twistedwire.us
Scott Glen played Stick Daredevils trainer.

I am excited for the direction they are going in and all of the material that they have to choose from. We often said that it seemed like Hollywood was repeating the same stories over and over again. Well you can’t say that now because they finally understand that a good story can take many forms and using an established fan base ( comic book fans) and adding it to the always popular Kids and family oriented segment. You get huge profits!


I recommend the TV series Dardevil and I will be making a few Daredevil wire sculptures.
I hope you enjoyed this review of the new TV series and if you like the blog please subscribe to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment